2. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 and children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our Site. We will remove any information about a child under the age of 13 if we become aware of it.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us or through the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Site or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us email@example.com or call us at (510) 356-0555.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site (collectively, “Personal Data”), specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, and other information you chose to submit to submit to us; and
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access and use our Site, and usage details, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Site, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Site.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site is:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on Site. This includes information provided at the time of contacting us. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Site;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Site, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Site, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Site; and
- information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, and browser type information.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- improve our business operations and services offering; and
- recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
4. How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Site to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts; and
- notify you about changes.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Site and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information that you request from us or that may be of interest to you;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our Site;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- our affiliates and third party service providers that we use to support our business;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and our Site (e.g., data storage, data processing, marketing, IT support, etc.);
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Lygos about our Site users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and,
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lygos, our customers, supporters, partners, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer your choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology and disclosure of your Personal Data for our advertising to you.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
Promotional Emails from Lygos. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Lygos to promote our products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Lygos as a result of your use of our services.
7. Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and change your personal insformation by contacting us.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns about our collection or use of your Personal Data or if you wish to access and modify certain Personal Data we have about you. Please notify us of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may not be able to delete certain Personal Data if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals, but we currently do not use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
9. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data.
We have implemented data security measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or in your operating system.
11. Contact Information
You may contact us through the contact information below.
How to Contact Us:
1249 Eighth Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
Telephone: (510) 356-0555